Re: RFE: External access to file properties

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 06:06, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 15:52, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> > Because Ideally when you do File-> properties in a document app (say
> > gedit) you would get the same property dialog as you do in nautilus.
> > (and file-> properties is recommended in the hig).
>
> 	Huh ? perhaps we need a simple hook to fire up the standard nautilus
> property dialog, transient to the child with the 'right' page ordering;
> then we can avoid duplicating this code in lots of places.

Oh i totally agree with you about code reuse. Right now there is a
technical issue with the properties dialog being dependent upon the fm,
so some refactoring would probably be needed as well. Also ideally it
would be nice to be able to view the current folder's properties in
nautilus as well (perhaps through the view menu, or if we refactored the
menus, through a folder menu).

dave