Re: My favorite nautilus(2.2.x and beyond) bugs

> > Sorry that not all of them have numbers. I'm going into hospital from
> > tomo to friday and bugzilla has stopped responding, so I'm going
> > to send this now anyway. Also some of those bugs may not exist yet in
> > bugzilla, and their corectness might be questionable.
>
> This is good stuff. Most are the kinds of things a developer new to
> nautilus would have a good chance of fixing.

here to please ;)

> > I'm told that nautilus is not being branched for a while, so I've only
> > picked bugs that I think can be fixed on the 2.2.x branch. If I'm wrong
> > about any of them in this regard, the nautilus maints might point that
> > out for us.
>
> No, that is correct. We're planning to not branch for something like two
> months. We need to focus more on making the little details bugfree and
> fixing all crashes. We've been doing a bit to much feature work in
> comparison to stabilization work in the last two major releases.

yeah, a lot more than nautilus needs any shiny features we need to make
things like
drag and drop and copu and paste work properly. Each of the listed bugs is
nothing
major in itself, but I think that if we manage to fix all of them nautilus
would be a much
better app.

> > Also If anyone knows any bugs that fit into this catagory then let us
> > know. I'm particularily focusing on bugs that are annoying but not
> > overly hard to fix. But there might be some toughies too.
> >
> > If people think that my "favorite nautilus bugs" are any way useful I
> > may stick up a web page with a more detailed list, including 2.3 bugs
> > and issues.
>
> Having it on the web (with links to bugzilla) would be great. The nautilus
> bugzilla component is quite hard to get a grip of, since its so full of
> stuff.

I'll get to it this weekend. Will find numbers or post bugs for un-numbered
bugs
and add a section of my favorite major 2.3 bugs :) that's where the real fun
is.
And if i have any energy left I'll browse bugzilla and find some more bugs.

Using the nautilus page for this was mentioned. That sounds good, but the
TODO
and the wiki on gnomesupport.org are also options. Using the wiki would
allow people
to remove fixed bugs, add more bugs, and would reduce the chance the list
getting un-maintained
because I'm too busy.

LAter