Re: My favorite nautilus(2.2.x and beyond) bugs

On 3 Feb 2003, MArk Finlay wrote:

> Sorry that not all of them have numbers. I'm going into hospital from
> tomo to friday and bugzilla has stopped responding, so I'm going
> to send this now anyway. Also some of those bugs may not exist yet in
> bugzilla, and their corectness might be questionable.

This is good stuff. Most are the kinds of things a developer new to
nautilus would have a good chance of fixing.

> I'm told that nautilus is not being branched for a while, so I've only
> picked bugs that I think can be fixed on the 2.2.x branch. If I'm wrong
> about any of them in this regard, the nautilus maints might point that
> out for us.

No, that is correct. We're planning to not branch for something like two
months. We need to focus more on making the little details bugfree and
fixing all crashes. We've been doing a bit to much feature work in
comparison to stabilization work in the last two major releases.

> Also If anyone knows any bugs that fit into this catagory then let us
> know. I'm particularily focusing on bugs that are annoying but not
> overly hard to fix. But there might be some toughies too.
>
> If people think that my "favorite nautilus bugs" are any way useful I
> may stick up a web page with a more detailed list, including 2.3 bugs
> and issues.

Having it on the web (with links to bugzilla) would be great. The nautilus
bugzilla component is quite hard to get a grip of, since its so full of
stuff.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a war-weary one-eyed astronaut with a mysterious suitcase handcuffed to
his arm. She's a cynical cigar-chomping nun who dreams of becoming Elvis. They
fight crime!