Re: Template system

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 17:14, Julien Olivier wrote:
> > I suspect that the majority of the users will be running some distro
> > (and not self-compiled GNOME), and those distributors will probably put
> > some default templates in the user's directory via /etc/skel or doorman
> > or whatever.
> >

> Yes, that's exactly what I meant. Distros will setup the system to
> automatically create the template directory. So users won't understand
> where it comes from. If t was hidden, users wouldn't care.

Distros should not add templates for users. How the heck would RedHat
know what sort of documents you normally create? Unless you want the
useless "New HTML document" crap that some OSes have.

Templates are user-owned, and shouldn't be touched by any app or distro.
At the most, a sysadmin might add some default Templates to /etc/skel
for his site, but if the user deletes these (and its his full right to!)
he can.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an impetuous shark-wrestling master criminal on the run. She's a violent
blonde detective who inherited a spooky stately manor from her late maiden
aunt. They fight crime!