Re: The future direction of the Nautilus UI)

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002 bordoley msu edu wrote:

> George Farris <george gmsys com> said:
>
> > I'm sorry but I disagree.  Each persons brain works in a certain way and
> > it doesn't matter whether they are a home/office user or a hacker.
> > Those of type A will understand the Nav model quite nicely and those of
> > type B will understand the OO model.
> >
> > Certainly given that the web is a Nav model many type B people will also
> > clue into the Nav model.
> >

> Well other than people are used to objects because they deal with them
> everyday, so most people will be accustom with the principle.
>
> Anyway seth's comments at the below link really best sum up the problems with
> the navigation UI.
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/usability/2002-September/msg00014.html

I don't think that mail is very relevant. All it talks about is that URIs
look ugly. It says nothing about the navigation concept.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a war-weary drug-addicted househusband whom everyone believes is mad.
She's a sharp-shooting insomniac Hell's Angel from Mars. They fight crime!