Re: Nautilus Locks up when running external scripts, etc.

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 07:34, Sean Eichhorn wrote:
> I'm running on a custom distribution linux.  The whole system has been
> compiled from source.  Kernel 2.4.18.

	Some of the most impossible (non)bugs come from these systems.
Ultimately they seem unsupportable and generally crack-riddled,
nevertheless lets see if we can help you.

> > strace -f /usr/bin/nautilus 2>&1 | tee /tmp/log
>
> strace ends rather quickly on one of the forks.
> I did this :
> strace -p <nautilus pid>

	When I said 'strace -f' I meant use the '-f' flag so it will follow
forks, and show us what the threads are doing.

	Also - you'll want to kill nautilus before doing it - it has a habit of
re-starting, or else you'll just get the thing to open a new window and
quit.

	Regards,

		Michael.