Re: PATCH: remove favorites .desktop file, add stock trash icon make help correct

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 05:21, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> Maybe you are right. On the other hand, on OSX you can add anything to
> favorites, so it can be a "box of often needed things" - not just

I had started working on a program called "gbookmarks" last year, before
my company went under. The idea was to make a bonobo control that could
be used as the "favorites" or "bookmarks" or "last used" list in a
variety of programs, and also live as an applet in a gnome panel. Each
application using the control could register its own bookmarks
namespace, and optionally see other programs' bookmarks. Dragging and
dropping items to the panel applet (or control embedded in other
programs) would add a bookmark. It would all be stored in xbel format.

I should probably resurrect it... it might be useful to use in
Galeon/Nautilus/Panel/Evolution. It would be cool to be able to bookmark
an important message/note/calendar item in Evo, and refer to it later
using the panel menu: favorites... evo... notes... (item), which opens
the item.