Re: [Nautilus-list] Open new window for each folder or file

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 14:55, Glen Gray wrote:
    On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 12:20, René Seindal wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to get used to use a graphical shell, which is a bit weird,
    > as I'm the kind of person that would do image processing from the
    > command line.  Nautilus is very nice, though.

    We like it :-D

While you are at it, try the "use home directory as desktop" - it is
scary at first when all that crap on your homedir pops up on the desktop
and you remember you always decided to clean it up someday.. (I know
what I am talking about here .. :-)

But it is easy to clean up with Nautilus - and seems like a lot of
diehard shell people, while first thinking it is total crack, once tried
it, cleaned the huge mess once and never switched back.. Makes your
homedir clean for shell use too btw.

    > Anyway, I am playing with the preferences to find something that suits
    > me, and I stumbled over the setting to open new windows for each folder
    > or file opened.
    >
    > Opening a new window for each folder is too much, and I end up spending
    > a lot of time getting rid of them, so I have it disabled, but it would
    > be nice for files.  So if I have a folder full of images, I'd like to
    > select the folder while remaining in the same window, but having the
    > images open in new windows.  This is not possible currently.

    Right click on the folder and select "Open in New Window" option.

Or, as a shell person, Ctrl-shift-O does the same and is faster if you
like shortcuts.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::