Re: [Nautilus-list] Bug #42825, IDE device names in hardware view....

<quote who="Glen Gray">

> To sum up, as the Hardware View stands, it's useless. You have to type in
> the URI to get to it and it only displays a small amount of info.  If
> maintained and updated it could be a lovely feature (I felt all warm when
> I first saw the view when Nautilus went public). I'm prepared to take it
> on if the community isn't quite ready to give up on it.

If it ended up being a really good guide to your hardware, kind of like the
Device Manager in Windows, it would be pretty perky. But in its current
incarnation, it's pretty lame. ;-)

Perhaps it should not be built with Nautilus for GNOME 2, but you could hack
on it for addition in a later release? Heh, perhaps it could be the new
user's view of /dev ;-)

- Jeff

--
   "Debian is not as minor as many business end people think." - Alan Cox