Re: 5 second timeout thing ...

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 17:06, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	I think there's a mis-behaving timeout effect in gnome-vfs, it seems
> that nautilus monitors the mime database for changes, and re-renders all
> it's windows on change. If this re-rendering process takes ~5 seconds [
> as it can with my huge directory ], then the net effect is that every
> gnome-vfs call re-parses the entire mime database, and renders all the
> windows.

This is probably not related, but I have noticed a strange behaviour
with Nautilus and transparent gnome-terminals:

If I delete a file or do some other file operation on the desktop, my
terminals lock up for about 2 seconds. It looks like Nautilus is
updating the background if the desktop files get changed or something,
since the terminals do not get locked up if transparency is disabled.

Gnome-terminal monitors the background image for changes, and re-renders
it for itself if it does change. This apparently causes the short
pause/lockup if the wallpaper is updated.

Any clues?

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::