Re: Reducing the number of special uris in gnome

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 13:22, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > I see no reason why we should move that layout into other places. It
> > doesn't make sense to expose to the user that everything
> > implementation-wise is a seperate application, nor to force the user to
> > think of it like that.
>
> Exactly. And i think we should actually move them up a level in the gnome
> menu too.

Seconded... From a migration (from MacOS, Win32, ...) perspective, it's
doubly bad; in none of (MacOS 1..10, Windows) is a control panel a
"normal" executable, they're always something "magic." (CDEV, OSX
"capplets" (don't know the Apple word for this one), and CPL=DLL with
special hooks for Win16/Win32)...