Re: Saving window geometry broken again :-(

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 20:21, Michael Meeks wrote:
> Tuomas,
>
> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 09:32, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > Was this intentional or accidentally broken? I wish it worked like it
> > used to for a while.
>
> 	Read the previous threads; also report your window manager, the
> previous functionality was quite broken, it's now fixed - what you
> report is a bug however.

Okay, here's some detail:

        1. WM = Metacity HEAD, but doesnt seem to matter; read further
        2. new-window-mode works perfectly. Geometry gets saved to
           ~/.nautilus/metafiles/whatever.xml just fine. When I resize
           or move a window, on the next flush of the metadata to the
           disk, the stuff gets correctly written to the metafile xml.
        3. On single-window-mode the geometry does not get loaded from,
           *nor* saved to the metafile. Nothing gets written onto it (it
           does not change) - if there is an old geometry (if I had
           new-window-mode active and I resized stuff, or some old sizes
           from before) it never gets any effect.
        4. Switching back to new-window-mode makes the stuff work again,
           even the old saved geometry's.
        5. Moving icons around does get saved to the metafiles though..
        6. This is PPC, but it doesnt sound like a typical endianness
           bug to me..

So where should I have a look into?

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::