Re: [Nautilus-list] How to suppress new window when mounting file system

le mar 01-01-2002 à 00:46, Darin Adler a écrit :
> On 12/26/01 8:09 AM, "René Seindal" <rene seindal dk> wrote:
>
> > Every time I mount a user-mountable file system from the command line
> > nautilus opens a new window for the newly mounted file system.
>
> I'm not aware of this feature.
>
> As far as I know the only kind of file system that Nautilus opens a window
> for is something mounted in a CD-ROM drive. Other user-mountable file
> systems should not cause a window to open.
>
> This feature is controlled by the pre-existing setting in the Gnome control
> center rather than by a Nautilus preference (confusing, I think). The
> internal config key is "/magicdev/Options/do_fileman_window". I'm not sure
> how this shows up in the user interface, but I think it might be something
> like "open window when CD-ROM is mounted".

I plan to work on this "problem" since magicdev is only available on
RedHat, not on Debian, nor MandrakeLinux (and probably other..)

My suggestion would be :
-If mount is done through Nautilus (on Desktop, right click, Disks/Mount
point), Nautilus open a new window.
-If mount is not done by nautilus (ie through command line..), Nautilus
doesn't open a new window.

In the same idea, when umounting a CDROM drive, nautilus should only
eject CDROMS when umount was done via Nautilus..

Are you ok with this design ?

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft