Re: [Nautilus-list] How to suppress new window when mounting file system

On 12/26/01 8:09 AM, "René Seindal" <rene seindal dk> wrote:

> Every time I mount a user-mountable file system from the command line
> nautilus opens a new window for the newly mounted file system.

I'm not aware of this feature.

As far as I know the only kind of file system that Nautilus opens a window
for is something mounted in a CD-ROM drive. Other user-mountable file
systems should not cause a window to open.

This feature is controlled by the pre-existing setting in the Gnome control
center rather than by a Nautilus preference (confusing, I think). The
internal config key is "/magicdev/Options/do_fileman_window". I'm not sure
how this shows up in the user interface, but I think it might be something
like "open window when CD-ROM is mounted".

    -- Darin