Re: [Nautilus-list] How to suppress new window when mounting filesystem

On 1/2/02 4:06 AM, "Frederic Crozat" <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> wrote:

> I plan to work on this "problem" since magicdev is only available on
> RedHat, not on Debian, nor MandrakeLinux (and probably other..)

The fact that the setting is in "/magicdev/Options/do_fileman_window"
doesn't mean that we can't create some way to modify it other than through
magicdev. The key is arbitrary.

> My suggestion would be :
> -If mount is done through Nautilus (on Desktop, right click, Disks/Mount
> point), Nautilus open a new window.
> -If mount is not done by nautilus (ie through command line..), Nautilus
> doesn't open a new window.
>
> In the same idea, when umounting a CDROM drive, nautilus should only
> eject CDROMS when umount was done via Nautilus..
>
> Are you ok with this design ?

I'm not sure this is OK when something like magicdev is running. Some of
these things mount the CD automatically. In that case, the window should
show up, right? It's not really "inside Nautilus" or "outside Nautilus",
it's just automatic.

But the broad outlines of what you suggest sound fine.

    -- Darin