Re: [Nautilus-list] libiconv linking problem

On 2/3/02 12:04 PM, "Erik Ragnerstam" <erik ragnerstam telia com> wrote:

> (doesn't all those -lm and -ldl look strange)?

They are the result of a known misfeature of some versions of autoconf. They
not only look strange, but they greatly slow down leaking.

> ../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined reference
> to `libiconv_open'
> ../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined reference
> to `libiconv_close'
> ../libnautilus-private/.libs/libnautilus-private.so: undefined reference
> to `libiconv'

These error messages mean that Nautilus is compiling in references to
libiconv, but not linking the library in. I had thought that libiconv would
automatically be pulled in because it's referenced in the link line that
creates the libnautilus-private shared library.

Alex Larsson was the one who added the libiconv checking to Nautilus,
although he said at the time that he was unable to test it.

We probably need some help from a libtool expert to help us figure out
what's gone wrong.

    -- Darin