Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: Nautilus Web site (was List Spam)

<quote who="Darin Adler">

> Would you like to move it to the gnome web server? It seems that it would be
> very easy to do so. I'd also be happy to take nautilus.eazel.com down if you
> think it creates a bad impression.

Darin, I'll check if you're on IRC now, I can help get this moved across, as
well as the mailing lists.

> > I know that this page is out of date too. I believe there is a new Gnome
> > web site on its way with a nautilus section but Gnome 2 is obviously
> > taking priority.
>
> I'm not sure that the people who would work on the web site are actively
> working on Gnome 2.

Unfortunately... I'm managing the 2.0 release and doing the website backend
at the moment. ;)

> > Once the conversion settles down it would be nice to do a proper web
> > page(s) for Nautilus. I found it very hard to find information about the
> > project on the web.
>
> Please! I would love to have someone do a good web page for nautilus!

I was originally going to do just a Nautilus site, and propose it to be the
main project page, but then we started working harder on the main pages. It
will be *far* easier to do a cool Nautilus site with the new architecture of
the main site.

> > It would be nice to have tutorials etc. in the long run detailing how
> > Nautilus works, how to write viewers/pluggins etc.
>
> Yes, that would be nice.
>
> > I'm not expecting this anytime soon. And I will gladly help put if
> > needed when this happens.
>
> I would like the help right now. I don't know what you're waiting for.

Gathering content now, and getting it up and eyeballed on a temporary
project page would be ideal. Glen, you're welcome to clobber me whenever you
need a hand.

- Jeff

--
      "Love never misses the chance to put the boot in." - Kelly, SLOU