[Nautilus-list] Nautilus Web site (was List Spam)

On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 16:40, Darin Adler wrote:
> On 2/1/02 4:25 AM, "Glen Gray" <glen antefacto com> wrote:
>
> > I know that this has been probably covered before. But shouldn't the
> > whole eazel.com thing be replaced with with gnome.org ?
> >
> > Seems unusual not to have the lists and web pages somewhere else. Makes
> > it look like it's separate from Gnome.
>
> What lists besides nautilus-list?

Wasn't sure if there was more than one, so "lists" was just in case :-D

> What web pages?

http://nautilus.eazel.com/

I know that this page is out of date too. I believe there is a new Gnome
web site on its way with a nautilus section but Gnome 2 is obviously
taking priority.

Once the conversion settles down it would be nice to do a proper web
page(s) for Nautilus. I found it very hard to find information about the
project on the web. To do that I ended up joining the list/chatting on
#gnome/reading the CVS docs for the project. Not that that's a problem
but when I want to find out about GTK+ I don't need to join the list/go
to IRC/ check out the CVS code. I can go to www.gtk.org/www.gnome.org
and read tutorials and API references.

It would be nice to have tutorials etc. in the long run detailing how
Nautilus works, how to write viewers/pluggins etc.

I'm not expecting this anytime soon. And I will gladly help put if
needed when this happens.

--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer