Re: multihead desktop

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 12:53:29PM -0500, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Also, doesn't this patch paper over but not really fix the fact that
> > nautilus doesn't seem to monitor filesystem changes on the desktop -
> > e.g. if I create a new launcher, it won't appear on the other screens.
>
> What do you mean? Without this patch (and with a working fam) it would
> appear on all screens, but with the patch it appears only on screen
> 0.

Nope, without the patch it does not appear on all screens. Not for me
anyway. It only appears on the screen where you created it. (Until you
restart nautilus, then it's on all of them.)

> The problem with the old behaviour is that there is only ever one position
> stored for each icon, but the icon positions are not uptated between
> the desktops (if an icon moves on one it doesn't update on the
> others).

Right, I assumed this was because change notification appeared to be
hosed in general, including for metadata. I was just making that up
though.

Havoc