Re: start-here page's icons

On Monday 09 December 2002 12:35 am, Luca Ferretti wrote:
|  Il dom, 2002-12-08 alle 10:12, Vadim Plessky ha scritto:
|
|  > I am wondering why you don't want to make those icons in SVG?
|  > Current Sodipodi is quite good and handy for design of icons.
|
|  Simple: it's just a cut and paste from some already existing icons:-)
|          * desktop-config.png uses current desktop icon from
|            gnome-desktop package and simply adds the wrench.
|          * network-config.png uses current "web" emblem from
|            gnome-icon-theme (scaled from 36x36 to 48x48) + wrench
|          * Finally system-config.png uses... oh, sorry, ideally I've to
|            use same "system tool" menu entry icon, but I used a slight
|            different one from jimmac... sorry
|          * wrench comes from jimmac too. (I use as configuration emblem
|            in nautilus so... BTW try to add the wrench to emblems and use
|            in in start-here:// page ;-)
|
|  Indeed actually all default GNOME icons are PNG, isn't it?

I hope this will be changed in the future :-)
SVG is the way to go, IMO.
Together with Xr/Xc extensions, Linux Desktop would be very cool to "work in"
and very fast, too.

I compiled Nautilus 2.1.3 (together with some other GNOME 2.1.3 stuff) last
weekend, and it works fine.  But gnome-control-center crashes all the time,
so actually I can't change any theme.
Probably, I have to wait GNOME 2.2 and pray that it woul dbe more stable :-)
Is it on track (for Jan. 2003) or delayed?

--
Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net