Re: Underlines gone in single-click mode

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 16:05, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:

> I agree with this rethoric, and I am not also using single-click just to give it swing.
>
> But how am I supposed to select an item. When I delete a file I have so far just clicked to
> select it (double-click behaviour), and press 'del'.
> When I try this now it open the file/folder. The only I could figure out how to select it was
> by dragging a rubberband over the icon. Which makes sense for several icons, but not for just one.
>
> I also tried holding down the button some longer, but this doesn't
> have the desired effect.
>

> -A.

Well yes this is true in single click mode, selection is always done
either by rubberbanding, right click -> drag, or left clicking. I'm not
trying to start a single click vs. double click flamewar right now
though. My basic point is that we should probably choose one behavior
and use it consistently throughout the ui in the longterm future.

dave