Re: File renaming

On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 09:34, Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:
> > BTW, currently the middle mouse button is unused, can't we use this for
> > renaming? KDE has middle mouse button to open something in a new window
> > which is consistent with the webbrowser, but IMO renaming is something
> > that people want more often than open in new window. This could maybe
> > also be a preference (yes, I don't think it would be crack) so you can
> > choose weither middleclick should rename or open in new window.
> > Everything would be better than just doing nothing though. :)
>
> I disagree. Renaming requires keyboard input anyway, so a KEYPRESS
> should start a renaming session, not a mouse click.

Hmm, I need to click the file anyway though.
So I can either: Leftclick the file, then press the renaming shortcut
Or just: Middleclick the file
Also you can't select files that simple anyway in single click mode so
you will probably have to use the context menu (or shiftclick then F2).

> What you do much more often is opening windows to hunt for files/dirs.

Maybe... At least it should do something when middleclicking. :) And
renaming should be as convenient as possible.

- Daniel