File renaming

I was shocked today to find that Nautilus (I'm using 2.0.3) now supports
renaming of files by delayed clicking on the file like Windows does when
in "View as List" mode.

This is one of the biggest design flaws in Windows. Why is it being
copied here? I remember this being discussed on the list some time ago,
but I thought the consensus was to have people use F2 or the rename
option in the context menu?

Can this "feature" *please* be reverted in a future release? It makes it
extremely difficult to use the list view unless you're a perfect mouse
clicker. I would think this qualifies as an accessibility issue too.

--

Steve Fox
http://k-lug.org