Re: [Usability]Nautilus preferences proposal

Le dim 28/04/2002 à 10:45, Maciej Stachowiak a écrit :
> On 27Apr2002 09:15PM (-0400), Dave Bordoley wrote:
> >
> > 5. speed tradeoffs: i actually like this one, except what the hell does
> > "Make folder appearances Details public" mean, i have no clue what this
> > preference does, but if it does anything useful well it should be
> > renamed.
>
> This preference controls whether an item's metadata is stored in the
> item's directory or in your home directory. The label is trying to
> explain the end-user effect (will other people be able to see settings
> of yours like icon positions and custom icons) but ends up being too
> vague I think.

And if we don't remove it, we should at least disable it, otherwise
nautilus create .nautilus-metadata.xml everywhere (like on floppies,
memory stick and W*ndows partitions :((

In the same idea, I think we should disable by default the "show files
in tree" preference : users are not used to it and it will enhance speed
feeling for Nautilus..

--
Frédéric Crozat
MandrakeSoft