Re: [Nautilus-list] my problem with nautilus

I was just about to post something along these lines to the Gnome list.
I work for a College and the one thing that really holds Linux back in
many, let me repeat MANY areas is the handling of the floppy disk.
Having to mount the floppy disk has got to be the most brain dead
stupidest thing about Linux's access to the Desktop market.

WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO MOUNT THE FLOPPY!!!

Sorry for shouting:-)

Students and faculty cannot handle this and until it's fixed in Linux
we're just fooling ourselves.  Yes it seems trivial but it's a huge
issue with students in a lab who can barely figure out what application
they are running let alone having to mount and unmount floppies and
cdroms.

If GNOME wants to be a major hitter and win windows users over this has
to be addressed.  I see it everyday and it doesn't matter what anyone
says, it's a big issue.

--
George Farris - VE7FRG
George gmsys com