Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: native scrollbars (again)

On 24Oct2001 11:51AM (-0400), Christopher Blizzard wrote:
> Darin Adler wrote:
>
> > on 10/23/01 12:01 PM, Christopher Blizzard at blizzard mozilla org wrote:
> >

> >>Darin?  What are the odds of getting these changes in?  They require
> >>some pretty code Nautilus changes if done right.  ( Do you remember our
> >>discussions? )
> >>

> > I'm a bit confused.
> >
> > I remember discussing better web browsing in Nautilus with you, but I don't
> > remember us coming to any conclusions about what exactly would need to be
> > added to the Nautilus component API to make multiple windows work.
>

> Well, we never talked specifically about what those API changes would be
> with patches or anything.  However, I remember discussing what they
> would have to be in general.  We would need the ability to open new
> views and be able to get a handle back to the new view that was created.
>   If I remember correctly, you can't do this right now.

I might be able to help with the features you need, if you explain
them in a bit more detail. When you say "open new views", do you mean
open a new window viewing a particular URI? When you say "handle back
the the new view", do you mean the Nautilus::View CORBA interface, or
something else?

What in particular do you need to do with the new view, besides pass
it a URI?

Regards,

Maciej