Re: [Nautilus-list] SVG Images

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 03:22, Adam Zolkover wrote:
      Hi.  I've been experimenting with creating SVG images for a couple of
    weeks now, but whenever I try and open a directory with an SVG inside,
    nautilus crashes.  this shouldn't be, but I don't know what is wrong.  at
    first, I thought that it was a memory issue--the SVGs that I was making
    were too big--but I cut down the size to 48 by 48, and it's still
    happening.  does anybody have a clue about this?  Thanks.

For some reason my SVG files used to crash nautilus if they contained
text. Then again, those same ones work fine on my Red Hat machine with a
Nautilus from Ximian packages. But it used to crash nautilus on this
machine with CVS stuff.

It would really be cool if it worked for me too, since text-on-icons
would make interesting things possible, when you made a script that
changed the text strings on the svg based on some data. Weather monitors
etc would be easy to do.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::