Re: [Nautilus-list] Pilot conduits

On Thu, 2001-10-18 at 22:42, Michael Rothwell wrote:
    GMC provided the ability to install files on a Palm Pilot, but Nautilus
    does not, apparently. Is there a way to do this with a script? Is anyone
    working on a replacement for this lost functionality? It would be nice
    to have "install on pilot" in the conext menu for .prc and .pdb files...
    Is there a clean way to add items to the context menus like that?

I dont have my Visor right here so I cannot test this. But something
along the following might work if you put it on the scripts folder.

---- script "Upload to Pilot" ------
#!/bin/sh

pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -install $*

Other actions could be implemented in a similar way. Or one could play
cool and hack fancy dialogs with gnome-perl for this :^)

NOTE: THIS IS NOT TESTED, because my Visor is downstairs and I am about
to go to sleep anyway :-) But it probably works that way. You can make
that command run on an xterm too so you see if it works.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::