Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

> We are not talking about bootsrap here. Miguel wants to modify
> nautilus, so this is case when you have already Nautilus
> installed.

I thought your beef was with installers, not setting the execute bit
with Nautilus?

> Installed nautilus means that you probably have gnorpm already, right?

I wouldn't bet on it. Ximian GNOME doesn't include gnorpm, and it's
never been considered a core part of GNOME so there's a fair chance that
it isn't installed.

> No?
>
> .rpm is ugly header + cpio archive.
>
> .deb is ar archive + tar archive.
>
> Looks pretty close to tarball to me.

Just because you *can* doesn't mean you *should*. There are extraneous
circumstances when this is necessary, like when people break their RPM
setup, but doing this defeats the purpose of having packages in the
first place... you might as well use slackware.

Joe