Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Pavel Machek <pavel ucw cz>
- To: Christian Rose <menthos menthos com>, Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>
- Cc: nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 13:20:53 +0200
> > Also, like Vlad said, is this so likely really? Most applications are
> > shipped as RPMS or .debs these days, you dont really see plain binaries
> > much.
> Most software comes as packages, but on the same time I feel that
> installers that acts as front-ends for installing the packages are also
> becoming more common, in my opinion, so that the user has not to care
> about learning the package manager commands. The Ximian installer for
> example :-)
Such installers are evil.
If you must, make it so that right-click on package and selecting
install automagically installs package. (Double-click on package
should still open it as a .tar file).
I'm pavel ucw cz "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at discuss linmodems org
] [Thread Prev