Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: GNOME user environment brainstorming

On 24 May 2001 20:58:43 -0300, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini wrote:
> On 25 May 2001 00:43:03 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On 24 May 2001 19:32:30 -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, criterion a) would eliminate Wanda the Fish, which is blatantly
> > > unacceptable ;-)
> >
> > And the volume control, and the battery applet for laptops, probably the
> > CD player applet, and the modem lights...
>
> the fish is a part of the default gnome configuration and i think havoc
> meant it should be removed from there.
>

> > In the end, we should butcher old apps, get somebody to rewrite them, or
> > even fix them. Most of the "little apps" in the gnome-utils are 1)
> > useless, or 2) ugly or 3) broken.
> > If you read the KDE Kernel Cousin on http://kt.zork.net , you'll see
> > that KDE people don't mess around.
> >

> do you actually meant anything here?

Yes, that they don't hesitate to slash old apps. I wasn't talking about
making a Kernel Cousin... The Gnome Summary is a very different beast,
and I'm wondering how many mailing-lists you'd have to monitor to make
such a KC.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera