Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: GNOME theme in Mozilla (was GNOME user environment brainstorming)

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 06:31:28PM -0500, Christopher D. Felton wrote:
> On 25 May 2001 10:05:59 +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:
>
> > I think thats really important too. And with Gtk themes a
> > systems-administrator has control over what look to default to and what the
> > bandwidth implications of that are. I'm just suggesting that that shouldn't
> > be a constraint on the default.
> >
> > Ian
>
> Like who? MSCEs or any other regular IT people starting to switch to
> Linux?  These are some of the same people who don't update critical
> packages such as wu-ftp and apache on a timely basis (which are
> distributed freely, mind you)  These are also the same people who look
> down on linux because it currently doesn't have a lot of GUIs for
> configuring systems.  Many of them probably are afraid of a terminal
> they have been using NT and Windows for so long.

Uhh - and you think these people are going to be using X's remote
capabilities?

Okay, so lets say they are. Why not get the session manager or gdm to
change your gtkrc depending on if you have a local or a remote display
or you could hack gtk to read ~/.gtkrc.remote for remote X stuff and
fall back to ~/.gtkrc if its not there.

Ian