Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: GNOME theme in Mozilla (was GNOME user environment brainstorming)

On 25 May 2001 10:05:59 +0800, Ian McKellar wrote:

> I think thats really important too. And with Gtk themes a
> systems-administrator has control over what look to default to and what the
> bandwidth implications of that are. I'm just suggesting that that shouldn't
> be a constraint on the default.
>
> Ian

Like who? MSCEs or any other regular IT people starting to switch to
Linux?  These are some of the same people who don't update critical
packages such as wu-ftp and apache on a timely basis (which are
distributed freely, mind you)  These are also the same people who look
down on linux because it currently doesn't have a lot of GUIs for
configuring systems.  Many of them probably are afraid of a terminal
they have been using NT and Windows for so long.

Not to mention, a lot of people are adopting Linux + GNOME on home
desktops, but getting GNOME accepted in commercial settings is critical
for the strengthing of Linux + GNOME.  These are places such as
DreamWorks and any other Unix workstation-oriented companies <-- Places
like this will be the first adopters in the commercial world.  You get
GNOME into the workplace and more and more people will want to run it at
home also.

Just my thoughts.

Christopher D. Felton