Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- From: Ian McKellar <yakk yakk net au>
- To: Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com>
- Cc: Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir ximian com>, Dan Winship <danw ximian com>, nautilus-list eazel com, mc gnome org, prion-me-harder ximian com
- Subject: Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 18:33:07 +0800
On Thu, May 24, 2001 at 09:11:59PM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> I just thought of something. Maybe we should have a property in the
> mime-type that describes whether this mime-type is safe to be launched
> or not. So we can manually tag things that might introduce a security
Perhaps it should be keyed not on the mime-type, but on the application that
handles it. Imagine I write gnome-ldd - a gnome front-end for ldd. It
wouldn't make sense to pop up warnings for this. I think the safety is not
a function of the type, but a function of the operation you perform on the
] [Thread Prev