Re: [PMH] Re: [Nautilus-list] Idea for Nautilus and GMC.

> I still don't see the utility in adding hacks into evolution to
> special-case this.  Will the same happen with application/x-rpm?  And
> application/x-scripting-language?  I still maintain that having the user
> have to manually set the execute bit will at least force them to
> actually have to -do- something that will hopefully make them realize
> that they either know what they're doing or they don't.  It's such a
> small thing that can possibly prevent a large amount of headache.

How is the execute bit even remotely related to application/x-rpm?  If
you install an RPM from an untrusted source, you will be in trouble
anyways.

If I have the mime type handler for RPM how will you tell anyways?

So it seems like adding a safety net in Evolution for that would be a
good idea as well.

Miguel.