[Nautilus-list] Thumbnails of large images

I noticed that Nautilus will not generate thumbnails of images over 1MB
in size.  I work with a large number of large images (2-10MB each), and
I'd like the ability to be able to view thumbnails for these as well.
Is this configurable somewhere, or is the limit currently hardcoded?

I also see that Nautilus won't generate thumbnails for images under a
certain size (15kb or so), and that it just creates the thumbnail
directly from the image on the fly.  The problem with this is that the
thumbnail doesn't have the anti-aliased border and it looks a bit out of
place.  Is there a way to disable this as well?

Thanks,
Jason.