Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: when that call to nautilus_directory_force_reload is not needed

David Emory Watson <dwatson cs ucr edu> writes:

> On 14 Jun 2001 10:07:14 +0200, Zbigniew Chyla wrote:
> > On Wed, 2001-06-13 at 22:08:29, Darin Adler wrote:
> >
> > > (...)
> > > If you open a second window to the same location, however, the process of
> > > opening the new window causes Nautilus to get fresh contents (which do get
> > > displayed in both windows), and that's because of feedback from Nautilus
> >
> > Why not check if the location we're opening in the new window is displayed
> > somewhere else and not clearing the cache in that case?
>
> The problem is that even if the files are displayed in another view, we
> can't be sure that the other view knows about the most recent changes.
> When FAM is installed, we are notified when there are changes, so there
> is no need check if there are changes until we are told by FAM that
> there really have been changes....
>
> As Darin mentioned before, when the user opens a new window they expect
> to see NEW contents and there are only 3 ways for this to happen 1) Use
> FAM 2) Have Nautilus magically press "Reload" for the user

So why do we do it in begin_location_change() which is a generic place,
we shoud do this in a function like open_location, inside the
if (create_new_window) test.

--
Yoann Vandoorselaere | ...And God turned over and contemplated His Work
MandrakeSoft         | And He said : "shiiiiiiiiit !"