Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: when that call to nautilus_directory_force_reload is not needed

On Wednesday, June 13, 2001, at 04:38  PM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

Ok, I just had a look at the way Nautilus work when, for exemple, two
windows look at the same directory. If you create a file then reload
in one of the window, the other get updated. This is fine with me,
except that we are doing all operations two times (and as told in
a previous mail, this increase linearly each time a new window which
monitor this directory is openened).

Do you know of any solution that would allow us to do all the operation
one time, but share the result in all the windows ?

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question.

Today, if you do a refresh in one window, both windows get updated, but the I/O is done only once.

If you open a second window to the same location, however, the process of opening the new window causes Nautilus to get fresh contents (which do get displayed in both windows), and that's because of feedback from Nautilus users who specifically didn't want stale contents in new windows.

The way to avoid this completely is to put in a check and not do any of this reloading at all when FAM is working. This is a no-compromises complete fix, and I'd like someone to do it.

    -- Darin