Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: when that call to nautilus_directory_force_reload is not needed

On Thursday, June 14, 2001, at 02:09  AM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

So why do we do it in begin_location_change() which is a generic place,
we shoud do this in a function like open_location, inside the
if (create_new_window) test.

You could try making that change, but I think it would break Refresh. Because the one in begin_location_change is also used in the Refresh case.

Anyway, it's fine if someone wants to start working on this.

I'd prefer to just make the FAM change though, and not waste time optimizing things for the non-FAM case. Nautilus already works way better with FAM, and I think we should change it to a hard requirement rather than an optional one for some future version. Note that it's not good to require the kernel mod IMON, but requiring FAM is probably fine.

    -- Darin