Re: [Nautilus-list] hidden files bug

On Tuesday, June 12, 2001, at 03:26  PM, Yoann Vandoorselaere wrote:

I, for one, believe this could be the issue making home directory

The cost of the Gnome VFS callback is nothing, but the icon are
only discarded at drawing time.

As we only draw by group of file, this introduce latency (first
files listed are hidden file). So you don't see anything happening
(I mean drawn) until the whole list of hidden file was walked throught.

what do you think ?

I think you're wrong. I think you should prove that I'm wrong and then show me the proof.

Older versions of Nautilus did filter out hidden files earlier, and
this led to a bug where if you renamed a file to a hidden name, it
would stay forever with the non-hidden name, because the name change
would not be reported to the directory view.

What about introducing a special case for this bug,
and revert to the old behavior ? That seem saner to me.

I think it's very difficult to do that. You are welcome to try, but I think it's a waste of time.

    -- Darin