Re: [Nautilus-list] some feature suggestions

On 11 Jun 2001 12:39:43 -0500, David wrote:
> 'Aloo,
>       Nautilus is great.  Ive been using it more and more lately for
> everything.  There are a few things that I would like to suggest, though.
>
> 1) in a music view, be able to recurse into sub-directories.  i.e. I have
> my mp3 laid out as such:
>
>    mp3/
>     |_album/
>         |_song-name.mp3
>
> I can only list the songs in one directory at a time.  bummer :)

I agree completely.

> 2) have nautilus be able to give a music list from a playlist file (reads
> the play-list, displays a music view based on the contents)

Good idea.

> 3) The ability to edit the id3 tags via a 'right-click' while in music
> view.

Why just in music view? id3 tags should be considered part of an mp3's
metadata and as such it should always be editable via the properties
dialog IMO.

> 4) specify 'view' options for a particular folder.  If Im looking at
> mp3's, I dont want nor need the sidebar, location bar, etc.  sure I can
> manually turn this off everytime, buts its a pain.  Being able to
> right-click on a folder and specify the 'view properties' of that folder
> would be a god-send.

Good idea. Currently view (list/music/icon) is remembered by directory
but if things like the sidebar state were remembered that would be a
move in the right direction.

--Ben