Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: bug in Mozilla 0.9.1

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Darin Adler wrote:

> On Monday, June 11, 2001, at 12:28  PM, David Shochat wrote:
>
> > If you mean the one where he quotes bug 83157, the comments in bugzilla
> > sound like they pretty much have it solved. Crozat seems to be saying
> > that with that fix, it is compatible with Nautilus (did I interpret that
> > right?). Does that mean that once 83157 is fixed in CVS I could use that
> > Mozilla with the current Nautilus?
>
> Yes. This was the message:
>
> <http://lists.eazel.com/pipermail/nautilus-list/2001-June/003705.html>
>
> Frederic said that the bug means that Mozilla 0.9 and 0.9.1 don't work
> with Nautilus. Then he predicted that Mozilla 0.9.2 will have it fixed.
> And he mentions that he has a Mozilla 0.9.1-based RPM for Mandrake,
> nautilus-0.9.1-2mdk, that fixes the bug. Maybe that RPM is usable on other
> systems too.

Do you know what which Mozilla we will be recommending for 1.0.4?
Whenever we decide, somebody needs to update the README and I need to
update the Release Notes.  I'm in no hurry here (nobody ever translates
the release notes), but I do want to make sure we get things right before
the release.

I think the current state is:

  Don't work properly: 0.8, 0.9, 0.9.1

  Do work: 0.8.1, (0.8 w/ eazel patches), (0.9.1 w/ mandrake patches)

I guess we should either recommend 0.8.1 or else provide the patched 0.9.1
mozilla on ftp.gnome.org.

Dan