Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: moving to GNOME bugzilla (was Potential Nautilus categories for GNOME bugzilla)

On Wednesday, July 25, 2001, at 09:45  PM, Jon Allen wrote:

If you're willing to help with reorganization later (after the
move) I'd be happy to move them now.  I agree that getting the
bugs moved is more important than fine-tuning the organization.
So, should we create b.g.o products/categories/versions that match
the current Eazel bugzilla?

I'd like to do that soon. The only downside is that we'll start getting bug reports over there, but in the interest of getting the move done as soon as possible, yes, I think we should do it as soon as possible.

Thanks for the clarification.  So, do we want to transfer the
attachments or not?

I'd like to transfer attachments. That's why I listed the tasks needed to accomplish that in my list of things to do.

If contributors wish to own specific categories and receive
mail for them that should be possible.  The mailing list should
own all other components.  I assume we need to create a
nautilus-bugs-list gnome org?

Yes, that's what I'd prefer. It's true that are other already-existing lists we can use, but I was hoping to create an opt-in list called something like that, rather than using an existing "maintainers list". Then we can set the default owner for eel and nautilus to that list rather than setting the default owner to an individual. People can subscribe to the list if they want to see the bug activity. I assume that's how the gtk-bugs list works.

[My apologies for all the cross-posting in this thread.]

    -- Darin