Re: [Nautilus-list] open with->The Gimp context menu bug?
- From: Ben FrantzDale <bfrantzdale hmc edu>
- To: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>
- Cc: Rich Rudnick <nickrud citlink net>, nautilus-list lists eazel com
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] open with->The Gimp context menu bug?
- Date: 11 Jul 2001 09:04:44 -0700
On 10 Jul 2001 23:39:18 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 06:15 PM, Rich Rudnick wrote:
> > When trying to open an image with gimp from the context menu, gimp
> > responds
> > with 'can't open "file:///home/rich/image.jpg" ', or
> > 'file:///home/rich/image.png is not present or is unreadable', but gimp
> > will
> > open the image from the command line and gimp's file open menu. Eye of
> > Gnome will open the same files from the context menu.
> > I'm not sure if this is really a bug or my newbie misconfiguration.
> > Oh, and this is the debian unstable distribution of nautilus 1.0.4.
> What version of The Gimp?
It happens for me with gimp 1.2.1. It seems like gimp doesn't know what
to do with file:// URIs. (I just tried
from the command line and got the same error.)
> -- Darin
> Nautilus-list mailing list
> Nautilus-list lists eazel com
] [Thread Prev