[Nautilus-list] Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: magic desktop URIs

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 04:40:10PM -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> On Tuesday, July 10, 2001, at 12:33  PM, Havoc Pennington wrote:
>
> > For the VFS module, does this make sense for gnome-vfs or should it be
> > at a higher level?
>
> I  think it's OK to have this module in gnome-vfs. I think it's a similar
> abstraction level to the MIME -> application/component mapping machinery
> that's already in gnome-vfs. But given the module architecture for
> gnome-vfs, there's no reason it can't go elsewhere if someone has a good
> suggestion.

My only concern with putting it in gnome-vfs is that its fairly
distro-specific however, so long as it takes the cross-distro logic from
the panel that should be fine. I was searching in my head for a justification
for it being in or out of gnome-vfs and the MIME one works for me :-)

Ian