Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: magic desktop URIs
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>
- Cc: gnome-vfs ximian com, nautilus-list eazel com, jirka 5z com
- Subject: Re: [Nautilus-list] Re: magic desktop URIs
- Date: 10 Jul 2001 20:43:11 -0400
Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:
> The "real" solution is to add a monitoring API to gnome-vfs, and move the FAM support from Nautilus to
> gnome-vfs. then the favorites module can implement favorites
> monitoring in whatever way is appropriate.
Right, I wanted to do that but it breaks the ABI. So, GNOME 2 material.
> A short-term hack is to hard-code this same logic into the
> nautilus-monitor.c, adding a new call to nautilus-monitor.h that
> checks whether a particular kind of URI can be monitored, which
> would return TRUE for both file URIs and all the various types of
> magic URIs you are introducing. This is a step in the right
> direction; better than spreading around the assumption about what
> can be monitored into other Nautilus code.
Sounds like a plan. Adding to our TODO list.
] [Thread Prev