Re: [Nautilus-list] Chained URIs and archive viewers.

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 12:49:11PM -0700, Andy Hertzfeld wrote:
> >  o Once you had selected a gnome-vfs based "viewer" from the menu you
> >    couldn't switch back (because you were now pointing at a different URI).
>
>         The second reason sounds like a bug, where Nautilus is not determining the
> views properly; the same views should be offered, since the type doesn't change.
> We should track that down and fix it.

The issue was that I accessed the gnome-vfs "viewer" by navigating to a
to a different url. I'm sure theres a better way, but I wasn't doing it.
Of course, using gnome-vfs just gives you a different type of file available.
For tar files you want to be able to choose between the icon and list views.
For a gziped image you want the choice of image viewers when you use gnome-vfs
to decode it.

Ian