Re: [Nautilus-list] Goals, todo, whats the direction.

On 09 Jul 2001 22:59:46 -0700, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
> On 9 Jul 2001, George Farris wrote:

> You may hate to ask get but I'll be glad to reply :)  Konqueror is way
> behind, imo, because Nautilus has a very advanced and mature rendering
> engine for HTML and XML documents.  The Konqueror developers like to say
> things like "most advanced browser" "all CSS2 supported" etc., but in
> reality their parser, renderer, and DOM are very poor.  What this means is
> they are sitting on their haunches pretending to be what Mozilla is.
> Meanwhile Nautilus moves ahead with the Real Thing.
Maybe their webbrowsing isn't what it should be .. however it is fast
nautilus biggest problem keeps speed.. (in my case that is) however
1.0.4 is again a great speed improvement.. directories render at an
acceptable speed and stuff ..

Btw smb browsing should  be done with the gnome-vfs-extra stuff..
there is an smbplugin in it.. it isn't in gnome-vfs because of licensing.. :(

Regards,

Dennis Smit.