Re: [Nautilus-list] Goals, todo, whats the direction.

On 09 Jul 2001 22:13:35 -0700, George Farris wrote:
> Hello I'm new to the list but I have monitored it on the web for some
> time.  I noticed recently that Konqueror seems to be moving like wild
> fire and I just wondered if there was a feature list for Nautilus that
> people are working from.

Yeah i have to agree konqueror is going fast.. also a speedy thingy..

> Is anyone working on:
> RPM viewing
> Tar viewing
This 2 can be done with gnome-vfs why it isn't done yet i have no clue
:)
> Ogg playing - something on the list about this.
People are working on this however i think it also would be a great idea
to support gstreamer (www.gstreamer.net) since this ubercool
mediaframework supports a wide range of audio / video formats..

> Split pane file manager
I also really like this feature of konqeuror i also think that tabs in
a single window would be a cool thing ..

> SMB (Network Neighborhood) type browsing.
> AVI, MPEG, etc viewing.
Gstreamer!!!! :) www.gstreamer.net

Regards,
Dennis Smit.