[Nautilus-list] [Marco Pesenti Gritti <marco it gnome org>] Re: [Galeon-devel] Re: Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla must share profile information

--- Begin Message ---
On 09 Jul 2001 16:01:25 -0700, Darin Adler wrote:
> On Saturday, July 7, 2001, at 11:36  PM, Jeffrey W. Baker wrote:
>
> > I propose that Galeon, Nautilus, Mozilla, and other embedded Mozilla
> > implementations should share profile information.
>
> Sounds like a nice idea.
>
> > I find it very silly
> > that I should have to change my proxy preferences, for example, in three
> > different places.
>
> Agreed.

I think a neat solution to this would be a control center applet for
browsing related stuff ... someone talked about it on gnome-hackers ...
It would be good also to configure gnome-vfs proxy.

> > It is also silly to have three out-of-sync bookmark
> > lists,
>
> Not so sure here. I think that many Nautilus bookmarks would be useless in
> Galeon and Mozilla. Sharing does sound like a good idea, but I don't know
> how to deal with the different nature of what you can bookmark in all 3.
> For example, I'm not sure I'd want my entire set of web page bookmarks to
> display in the Nautilus bookmarks menu, which currently contains a few
> local directories that I visit often and nothing else.

Agreed, but probably it would be nice to share the same bookmarks format
in galeon and nautilus.

Marco

--- End Message ---